Lots o' Limes
What to do with three pounds of limes? Since I can get a bag at Costco for the same price of three limes at the grocery store, I've become a little creative (and like Costco garlic, I don't worry if I don't finish them before they dry out because I've gotten more than my money's worth).
Salad dressing / fish & poultry marinade: 1 lime; about 2T. rice wine vinegar; 1T oregano; 1 crushed garlic clove; about 1/3 cup olive oil (As a dressing, this is especially good if you salad includes goat feta and good olives)
Guacamole: two avacados; juice of one lime; one crushed garlic clove; about 1 t. each of cumin & oregano; dash of salt, some salsa; some fresh minced onion; chips for dipping
Sangria in a tall glass: equal parts fresh OJ and red wine; juice of a lime; ice
Any other suggestions?
<< Home