How hot is hot?

The first time I visited Phoenix in the summer was in 1987. It was July, and I was on my way to visit my soon-to-be sister-in-law. Now, I had heard that summertime in Arizona was warm, but I was no stranger to the heat. After all, I had lived a good chunk of my life in South Texas where it was 95 degrees and 95% humidity all summer.
My flight was out of San Antonio on one of those Southwest flights where you get to sit wherever you want, and some of the seats face one another. As I settled down in one of those sociable rows, I couldn't help but overhear the two women who were conversing across from me.
Said the first: "Man, it's going to be really hot."
Replied the second: "It shouldn't be too bad 'cause at least it will be a dry heat."
"Yeah, and so's a blow torch!"
<< Home