My World

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Game on!

I've been tagged by Angi!

The rules for this particular tagging are as follows:

A. Remove the blog name and link in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add yourself to the bottom slot.

View of Life (Deanna)
A Scrap of Life (Annette)
i am a coconut (Cynthia)
Hope, Strength, Courage: The Story of my Survival through Breast Cancer(Angi)
Donna's Mundane Little World (Donna)

B. Then select five people to pass on the love.


C. Now, on to the questions!

What were you doing 10 years ago?
The years are really starting to run together, but my kids were 4 and 6 years old. I was an at-home mommy who also worked at the preschool to pay for flying lessons. This was just before we adopted our dogs, so my garden was still beautiful. I loved digging in the dirt!

What were you doing one year ago?
My little boys were in the 8th and 10th grades! I was completing my first official semester of graduate school. At work, I was mentoring my two new adorable Spanish teachers. Last Christmas we were preparing to take a cruise (the only one I've ever taken) with my parents and my precious neice who gives me my "I wish I had a daughter too" fix from time-to-time. I loved that cruise, but the way people were constantly moving about the ship made me feel like I was on a giant floating ant farm!

Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Cheese & crackers; 2. Good olives; 3. Blue corn chips & "Texas caviar" (a dip of avacado, tomatoes, onions, black-eyed-peas and other secret ingredients); 4. Cadbury's chocolate with almonds;
5. Poppycock & Fiddle Faddle

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
1. "Close to You" by the Carpenters; 2."Superstition" by Stevie Wonder 3."Burnin' Love" by Elvis;
4. "Mon bonhomme de neige" (it's a French-teacher version of "Frosty the Snowman"); 5."Truly Scrumptious" from Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang (1968);

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Get a good haircut and facial; 2. Eat real caviar with bread and butter; 3. Hire a house cleaner; 4. Find the time to volunteer so I wouldn't feel so guilty for being so dang fortunate; 5. Not worry so much about turning into one of those little old ladies who can only afford to eat cat food.

Five bad habits:
1. Wasting too much time on the computer; 2. Leaving my crap all over the place; 3. Not talking to my parents and my sister often enough; 4. Forgetting to take clothes out of the washer before they start to smell of mildew; 5. Interupter-itis (Oh, where are you when I need you Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle?)

Five things you like to do:
1. Read; 2. Solve a Sudoku puzzle and drink hot coffee in the early morning; 3. Crawl into a freshly made bed after taking a hot, steamy bath; 4. Teach French to middle school kids (does that make me crazy?); 5. Go out to eat with my family on the week-ends

Five things you would never wear, buy, or get new again:
1. A string bikini; 2. Black eyeliner; 3. Bright red; 4. Big hair bows; 5. White t-shirts


Five favorite toys:

1. Natch--the computer!
2. Elliptical exercise equipment; 3. Garlic press;
4. LCD projector
5. My bicycle.

That's all folks!