My World

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Blogging is Thinking: Installment One

I've been reflecting, perhaps too much, on the purpose of blogging, the thoughtcrime thing, liberties, etc., and here are some of my conclusions:

Blogging is what some of us do when we have intriguing ideas that don't resonate with the people in our physical worlds.

Blogging is what we do late at night or early in the morning when our minds generate wild ideas. Not to blog would be a waste of that brain power.

Blogging is conversation, reading and writing, all of them, which makes blogging far richer than mere journaling.

Blogging is the next step in a routine of good coffee, a sudoku puzzle and a hot shower.

Blogging is a modern social culture. Methinks that only bloggers can really understand that. Along that same thread of thought, blogging is multicultural, which is extremely important in this predominantly white bread world.

Blogging is language. Sometimes I amaze myself with the rate at which my fingers fly across the keyboard and I wonder when some academic will declare keyboarding a language unto itself.

Blogging is free thinking. It is not a crime. Now, I understand my skateboarding son's world view a little more.

I blog, therefore I am.

It's time to finish getting ready for work. Feel free to piggyback on any of these ideas.