Something's gotta change
It looks like an LA position will be opening up in my school next year. I could request a shift and teach that and therefore reduce my number of preps. It would mean increasing my total number of students and suffering through the horrendously inefficient and boring string of ELA and AP vertical teaming meetings, Gaa! It would also mean giving up French, which I don't really want to do. But 4-5 preps is wearing me too thin, and I've lost my effectiveness as an educator as a result. Maybe I could weedle my way out of teaching Spanish (it's a joke since I have never formally studied Spanish, though it is something I would like to pursue after I'm finished with my master's program.)
The boss is due for more back surgery, so I will have to time the conversation carefully. Regardless of the path I choose, something's gotta change.
Q. Why is it that in education, teachers are pulled from the classroom for training?
A. So districts don't have to pay them for the extra work they must do to justify someone else's job. I'd really like to fly off on that one, but it's really hard to contain my anger . . .
<< Home